Optimist Club of Calgary William J. Cummer Scholarship Available at the Calgary Foundation
This scholarship was established in recognition of the 70th anniversary of the Optimist Club of Calgary and long standing member, William Cummer for his service and contributions to the Club. The award is sent to the appropriate university and applied directly to the recipient’s tuition.
For students who are Calgary residents and Canadian citizens entering their final year of study in a multi-year certificate, degree or diploma program, demonstrating volunteerism, service to youth, and leadership. Students must be in need of financial support and have good academic standing. Preference given to students from the Calgary area. At least one award of $2,500; possibly, a second award of $1500.
2018 Entry DEADLINE: June 30, midnight
2017 William J. Cummer Scholarship Winners
- Miss Joanne Ngo – We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected as a 2017 recipient of the Optimist Club William J. Cummer Scholarship in the amount of $2,500 based on the leadership, volunteerism, dedication to youth, and financial need demonstrated in your application!
- Mr. Moiz Hafeez – We pleased to inform you that you have been selected as a 2017 recipient of the Optimist Club William J. Cummer Scholarship in the amount of $1,500 based on the leadership, volunteerism, dedication to youth, and financial need demonstrated in your application.
Optimist Club of Calgary Diamond Anniversary Scholarship Available at Mount Royal University
Eligibility: Awarded to a full-time student who will be enrolled in the second year of any program in the upcoming fall semester. Student must be a resident of Alberta and a Canadian citizen.
- Academic achievement
- Extracurricular activities: community involvement directed toward youth
2018 Entry DEADLINE: March 01
Optimist Club of Calgary Golden Anniversary Scholarship Available at SAIT
- Value: $1,000
- Number of Scholarships per year: One
- Third or fourth semester
- Financial need
- Youth involvement
- Alberta resident
- Canadian citizen
- Not to be the recipient of another major award
How to Apply:
- All students enrolled in a SAIT program can now apply online:
- Log into ca
- Click on themyStudent tab
- Under Finance Information, click on Online Student Awards Application Form
- Please note: A student must be registered and accepted into a SAIT program with a Student ID and password to log into ca.
2018 Entry DEADLINE: November 28