Join us in celebrating Optimist Day on February 1st, 2024!
WHAT IS OPTIMIST DAY?
Confident people look to the future with hope, and on Optimist Day we celebrate the volunteers who share their enthusiasm, skills, and talent to make that tomorrow a vibrant and peaceful one. Optimist Day is celebrated throughout the world annually on the 1st Thursday of February. This is a day where the world can be an optimist themselves in action, plus join us in honoring Optimist clubs and members in their communities and worldwide for all they do year-round to promote efforts in bringing out the best in youth, our communities, and ourselves.
DID YOU KNOW? …
Science has shown that optimists are healthier, happier, and more successful people; bouncing back quicker from personal setbacks and living longer
POSSIBLE OPTIMIST DAY ACTIVITIES YOU COULD DO ON FEBRUARY 1ST:
- Encourage someone to pursue their dreams – since the day is all about developing leaders and encouraging people to think big, show support to someone you know who might need some advice. Remind them of their potential.
- Volunteer at an optimist organization – to make an impact on the lives of many, volunteer at an optimist organization. Become part of the mission to “encourage positive thinking among people of all ages.”
- Share the Optimist Creed – with someone you know and talk about how it has made your life better
- Phone a friend or relative – talk about the sunny side of life, and make them feel “there is something in them”
- Do a random act of kindness – to someone you meet during the day
- Give a friend or family member a compliment
- Let your optimism and positivity shine!
HISTORY OF OPTIMIST DAY
For more information about Optimist Day, CLICK HERE.